There are some fundamental basics to social media marketing which I often see forgotten. Ok so none of us is perfect and we’re all trying to cram too much into our busy lives already. However, if you are using any of the Social Media Networks to promote your business, then do try to implement at least the basics and make it as simple as possible for people to promote your products and services…
- Update your email signature, stationery, website and blog (if you have one) to reflect either the URL or relevant social media icons.
- Include your URL’s/icons on all future marketing materials; brochures, leaflets, direct mail, newsletters (on and offline), folders, posters, staff literature.
- Circulate your Facebook and Twitter details to your friends, family and staff. The power behind social media lies in liking, sharing and forwarding your updates and the dissemination across multiple groups of people. If you haven’t already done so, this is a very quick and easy task – but do give them the correct URL so that they can just click on the link:
- Facebook – Ask them to ‘like’ your page, ‘like’ your posts and ‘share’ your posts on their own walls.
- Twitter – Ask them to follow you and ‘retweet’ your tweets.
- Upload your existing email contacts to LinkedIn to extend your network, and ensure your profile is 100% complete to make it easier for people to find you.
- Keep in touch – update your accounts regularly with PR and news; interesting thoughts and topics; your take on industry news; what you’re doing business-wise, when, where and with whom.
If you would like to discuss social media training or assistance for your business, do give me a call.