It’s a myth that everyone is away during July and August! There’s still plenty of business to go round – so make sure your company stays front of mind over the holiday period and that you (and it) don’t disappear off the radar this Summer!
Five Simple Ideas
Here’s five simple ideas to help get you started with your marketing promotions this Summer:
- What seasonal produce or services can you showcase over the next couple of months?
- Do you have any relevant old blog posts or news items that you can review and re-purpose?
- Can you get involved with a charity fundraiser to generate some PR?
- Could you organise a pop-up event for your existing clients and prospects?
- What’s happening within your industry, is there something that you can develop and expand upon for your local market?
Brainstorm with your team
Try brainstorming the above ideas with your team and see what else you can come up with. You’ll be surprised what emerges once you get those ideas juices flowing!
Not sure about brainstorming or how it works? Check out this great article as its really important to encourage participation and not to make judgement. Make sure everyone participating is aware of ‘the rules’ before you start.
Promote Your Summer Idea
Once you’ve decided upon your idea, then do consider how you’re going to disseminate the information. Here’s some thoughts to help you:
- Update your website banner/images and content. Create a new page with a unique URL for use with online promotion.
- Make sure your social media platforms are up to date and that you’re posting regularly.
- Place an ad in your local community magazines or press.
- Email out a newsletter – Mailchimp is a great free tool.
- Print some fliers and drop them around the local industry and retail parks.
- Make sure you share your information with friends, associates and colleagues and update any websites where you are perhaps a member of an association.
If you’re planning an event, then you might like to read our previous blog entitled ‘Ten Top Tips for Planning an Event’. You’ll find many more useful tips and ideas on our blog, just have a browse through.
If, however, you find yourself stuck in a rut and just don’t know how to get yourself out of it, by all means get in touch! Alison Page Marketing can take care of your marketing and promotion for you – all year long – if you’d like to find out more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 07963 002065.