What is Guest Blogging?
In brief, guest blogging is where you write and supply an article (ie, a blog post) to someone (friend, colleague or contact) and they post it onto their blog site but attribute it to you and vice versa, creating a win-win situation for both parties. There are also some guest blogging websites such as http://www.guestbloggingsite.com/ or http://myblogguest.com/.
What’s in it for me?
Quite simply, exposure, which can be broken down into 4 main areas:
- Increased traffic
- Brand recognition
- Build new relationships
What’s in it for the owner of the blog site?
The owner of the site will also benefit from increased links and traffic but, in addition, will receive free content, perhaps an alternative perspective to a given topic, or information relating to a complimentary channel for their business.
How do I find guest blogging opportunities?
- Conduct a Google search for the relevant keywords
- Utilise an existing website such as one of those listed above
- Contact the owners of blog sites you enjoy and ask whether you can submit a post
- Use one of the many social media tools to identify you are looking for opportunities
You can read guest blogs that I’ve written here:
- Internal Branding and Engaging Employees
- The Art of Good Copy
- How Traditional Marketing can work well alongside Digital
And finally, you might also find these two blog posts interesting reads:
- Guest Blogging – the ultimate guide: http://www.viperchill.com/guest-blogging/
- Ways to share your blog post: http://mashable.com/2009/03/29/sharing-great-posts/